Where insights advance affordability
HousingForward Virginia is the Commonwealth’s trusted resource for affordable housing data and actionable insights. Advocates, planners, developers, and mission-aligned organizations rely on us to help them build connections and advance their work. With our tools, they’re able to better identify needs, influence decision makers, and ultimately increase access to affordable housing for all.
What We Do
- Inform public policy and housing regulations
- Support local and regional housing networks
- Encourage a healthy lending and financial environment
- Convene key stakeholders
- Provide leaders with actionable information
- Explore innovative methods to reduce housing costs
- Promote strategies to preserve affordable housing
- Shine a light on racial disparities in housing
- Assist with development of equitable housing policy
- Build a positive public image for affordable housing
An Approach with Intent
Our efforts place priority on racial equity. Our work ensures affordable housing in Virginia is planned, developed, and built with purpose to end the cycles of poverty, racism, and community violence. We recognize Housing is a Social Determinant of Health, understanding that where and how we live impacts an individual’s and a family’s health. We believe HousingForward Virginia’s efforts spark change and create a better quality of life for all our neighbors.